Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Why can't a girl wear her favorite player's jersey without being called a puck bunny?

Ok so i fully understand that there are plenty of girls who come to the rinks and watch hockey just to scope on the guys but! That does not mean that every girl that walks into a rink and is a fan of the sport should be automatically umed to be a puck bunny. I grew up watching the nhl with my dad we talk about skills, set plays and individual players' strengths and weaknesses and marvel at a great goal and enjoy a good clean hit. Not once did i ever look at an NHL player as a stupid crush. I've never played the sport, sadly but i have played competitive sports my entire life and my brother has been playing competitive hockey all his life. I do understand what it takes to get to the NHL and appreciate the level of commitment these athletes have. So i do on occasion like to wear my Kane jersey unfortunately the guys at the rink seem to think that i only like Kane because of looks. so I have to stick to wearing my Lidstrom jersey or else immature "A" players (who couldn't go bar down to save their life ) and Chauvinistic don't make me out to be some ditz who doesn't know the difference between a Sakic curve and a Zetterburg curve. Is there anyway i can avoid this stereotyping?

0 comments:

Post a Comment